Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

@ mention failures

Edited

I've got a user who cannot get the @username mention feature to work.
The user in question is in our Active Directory as are the intended recipients he wishes to 'mention'.  The originating user and recipient users are also among users configured within the Jira project.

Is there a security setting or permission configuration I should check to resolve this?  I've not had much luck searching the jira cloud documentation for assistance.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @John Driscoll 

A user must have the Browse Users global permission for "@" mentions to work. Start by checking that.

1 vote
Answer accepted

@John Driscoll you can check with permission helper it will show you which permission is needed for that user

Thanks Trudy and nagarjun0979.  The root cause has been identified.
The user in question wasn't setup as a member of jira-software-users group

Much appreciated!

I have a user that is not in this group but under jira-servicedesk-users group and is not able to mention anyone.  The jira-servicedesk-users group has permission to "Browse users and groups" but still cannot mention anyone.  Is being under jira-software-users required for the mention function to work? 

Hello @David Kim 

Welcome to the community.

Is the user trying to use the mention feature within an issue in a Service Management project?

If so, is the user that is trying to use the mention feature a member of the Service Desk Team for the project, or is the user a customer? Same question for the user that they are trying to "mention".

What Jira hosting are you on; Cloud, Server, or Data Center?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

501 views 16 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you