list of assignees in epic

Murielle SIELENOU December 14, 2021

Hello

I want to get a report showing the epics, their related assignee, story point resolved and resolution date.

1. So the first issues that i encounter is, the resolution date doesn't appear in the report even though it's highlighted in the measure tab.

2. the second one is: each epic has only one assignee, and I want the report to show these assignees in a column. But somehow easyBI take into consideration all the assignees of the issues related to each epic; and it's not what I want. Is there a way to show only the epic assignee instead of the assignees of all related issues to the epics?

I would really appreciate if someone has a solution to these problems

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2021

Hi @Murielle SIELENOU

One way of doing this would be to use the Epic level from the Issue dimension on rows and add the Issue assignee property - this shows the current assignee of the Epic.

Further, you can use the Story points resolved measure that groups all story points by issue resolution date on Time dimension, in which you can drill to the desired level

Issues_-_eazyBI.png

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Murielle SIELENOU December 16, 2021

Thank you Lauma, that was quite helpful.

now I want the report to be a bar instead of the table. But the issue is I also want the assignee name to be presented as a dimension ( meaning I want the assignee names to be next to the epic list ).

Is there a way to do that with that configuration?

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Murielle SIELENOU 

In this case, you would like to define an Epic Assignee dimension where the value from Epic can be inherited down to issues within the Epic. See Issue link field dimensions - eazyBI for Jira.

Nevertheless, Assignee is not so easy to inherit currently. You would need to define two new custom fields - one that writes assignee for the Epic in a new field and then another that inherits this field from Epic level. The following advanced settings would do this for you:

[jira.customfield_assgn] 
name = "Assignee for Epic"
data_type = "string"
javascript_code='''
if (issue.fields.issuetype.name == "Epic"){
if (issue.fields.assignee){
issue.fields.customfield_assgn = issue.fields.assignee.displayName;
} else {
issue.fields.customfield_assgn = "(unassigned)"
}
}
'''

[jira.customfield_epic_assignee]
name = "Epic Assignee"
data_type = "string"
dimension = true
javascript_code='''
if (issue.fields.customfield_assgn ) {
issue.fields.customfield_epic_assignee = issue.fields.customfield_assgn
}
'''
update_from_issue_key = "epic_key"

Once you have defined these, go to import options and select both, Assignee for Epic (which is a helper field, imported as property only) and Epic Assignee dimension, for import.

Once you have this, you can use only Epic Assignee with Story points resolved and Time to see resolved story points grouped by Epic Assignees, instead of standard Issue Assignee:

Issues_-_eazyBI.png

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2021

You could just use a dashboard and have a 2 data display for epics and assignee? That would output assignees with counts of epics assigned?

Murielle SIELENOU December 15, 2021

Hi Jimi.

It won't solve my problem. I don't want the count of epic in my reports but instead the story point as measure

Suggest an answer