list of User Stories Done by sprint with the info of the sprint during which the story has been put

Malika ELKHARRAZ November 23, 2020

I need to find how can I get the list of User Stories Done by sprint with the info of the sprint during which the story has been put to "Done"/resolved. Indeed Jira shows several sprints nb in the "sprint" field ; (x ; y)=> for example when a story was selected during a sprint x and  done during the sprint z. I just need the sprint z info !

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Malika ELKHARRAZ 

Some quick questions to help focus your solution approach ideas:

• How often do you need to do this: one time or repeatedly?
  • How many projects do you need to do this for: one or many?
  • What information do you need about the sprint: start/end, or some other information?
  • What are you going to do with this information?

If you only need this infrequently for one project, I suggest you try the built-in sprint report.  You can see what finished for a specific sprint, and then change the sprint drop-down to select another sprint.

If you need more information and need to do this repeatedly, consider using the REST API or the Atlassian Excel plug-in to gather and analyze information, or investigate any marketplace add-ons which will meet your needs.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Thanks Bill,

My need is to track repeatedly and for one jira project the users stories done and its sprint resolution.

I need to count stories done by sprint and show the single sprint= the one the story has been resolved. That's it :)

I thought I could do it easily with JIRA gadget as it is a very simple and basic need :(. For example, the velocity report doesn't not fit the need...i tried to configure it to show count of done stories, but it counts twice a story when it didn't finished within the sprint but the sprint after.....

Sure I know I can do it with Excel plug in..I believe it's time consuming for a small feature. I need to learn more for REST API .. hope it is note the only solution

Best regards

Malika

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Malika ELKHARRAZ 

Thanks for clarifying!

One simple option is use the automation rule features.  You could do the following:

• When a sprint completes, have it send you an email with the list of issues completed
  • If you wanted a better way to see what sprint an issue finished (for JQL filter-based reporting), you could also add custom field (e.g. Completed Sprint), setting the field when the sprint finishes.  You could then report on that field in the future.

To get you started, here is the documentation on the automation rules and the template library:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/label/all/1453

Like moparsley likes this
Malika ELKHARRAZ November 24, 2020

Thanks Bill

I will try the custom field (e.g. Completed Sprint)

Regards

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2020

Hi @Malika ELKHARRAZ 

Welcome to Community! Are you already using the Jira Software API? If yes, what endpoint to be exact? If no, what are the series of steps you've taken to get "sprint" field ; (x ; y) please elaborate.

Hi, no I don't already use Jira Software API.

My need is very basic, I wish to see in the results of my query only the sprint nb during which the story was put in "Done" and I don't want other sprint nb. Since "Sprint" field returns on JIRA several sprint nb if the story has been started at a specific sprint and finished in another sprint...

thanks in advance

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events