licensing not working, saying "not currently installed", when it is installed

Evan Linwood April 1, 2019

it is incredibly frustrating to be made to go through fifteen screens when I need to speak to a support representative

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2019

Atlassian support only do direct support by a human if you have the Premier Support option.  All other support has to be done via the support desk (although they will then get in direct contact if it is necessary).

If you have a "starter" licence ($10), there is no support, you will be directed here to the community, where they ask the volunteers here to try to help first, although the volunteers do include some Atlassians.   Champions have routes to escalate problems to support if we get stuck (and we don't look at numbers - if something is broken and needs Atlassian, we ask)

So, as you appear to be on a starter licence, could you give us a description of the problem in full?  We know you're trying to apply a licence, but not what - could you explain what you installed, what you have added to it and what licence you're trying to apply?

Evan Linwood April 2, 2019

Hi Nic,
Thanks for your response, much appreciated. I've since resolved the issue. I was on 7.12 previously, and although the license was paid through until June or July 2019 (yes it's a starter license as you've mentioned), I was getting the message as described here. I upgraded through to the current r8 release, and after the r8 update was complete, it prompted me to resolve a licensing issue (I can't remember the text of the message), and so I extended the license through to July 2020. Somehow, after doing this the original error stopped appearing, and I was able to use the system again. To my way of thinking, I shouldn't have been experiencing this problem in the first place given that my licensing was up to date, and I was on a relatively recent version of the product. I'm glad now that it's resolved however.
My 'problem' (if you want to call it that) is more to do with the presentation of support options. I've got no issue with having no access to human support - and no doubt this was communicated somewhere along the line during license purchase steps. It was more to do with the confusing way that support options were presented, at the time I needed to find my way through the support process. If human support isn't available, then that's fine but it would have been better only for the options that were actually available to have been presented, and not another option that took me in a circular loop back to an option that I'd already seen, with no explanation as to the reason why in terms of support path options or how they related to anything. I was already under pressure, and didn't want to be figuring out a convoluted support process.
Thanks again for your interest though, as I said, much appreciated.

0 votes
Evan Linwood April 1, 2019

so after deliberately skipping over all the options for Community, suggestions, bug reports, etc, and going through the 'Contact Support' option, I've been directed to the Community forum anyway.. wow that's helped

Suggest an answer