licence not updated

Sys Admin August 22, 2017

I had an installation with evaluation license , which I bought today and applied to my running server (a starter licence) . It is not shown at the footer of the page where it still states "you're running a free evaluation licence, please consider purchasing today" . I restarted the server but still doesn't seem to show it's running off a starter paid licence. Although on the licences menu it mentions the starter licence which has been bought. Is there something wrong?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

The licence should kick in straight away when you paste the new key into the licence box.  What you're seeing suggests that the key is invalid or not being saved.  Are there any errors on screen when you try to save it?  Does the log have any errors in it?

Also, can you confirm that it is a JIRA Software licence and you have only Core and Software installed?

It did kick in. However in Confluence it still displays i'm on evaluation. I had bought the Confluence package together with Jira Software. So in jira service desk/software it doesn't show on the footer that it's on evaluation. But what about Confluence? Yes it is confirmed. Under Versions & licences it outputs Commercial.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

Ah, ok.  You were thinking about two different services, but didn't tell us that.  Their licences are independent of each other - you need a licence key for JIRA and another one for Confluence.  It sounds like you've applied the JIRA one fine, but have not done it for Confluence.

Sorry. I mean I bought the Jira Software starter licence which included a licence for Confluence.  It applied it successfuly to both. However Confluence doesn't seem to roger this - it still shows it's running under evaluation. I restarted it but still doesn't get it.fffffffff.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2017

Those are three separate and different licences - did you paste the right one into Confluence to activate it?

If you did, then we'll need to start looking at the logs to see why it's not taking.

Oh I see! I had to paste it separately. Ok now. Thanks, have a good day :)

Suggest an answer