jira software. project create selection so few

van seo April 29, 2019

jira.jpg

Hi, i've just installed the jira software in my server,

But right now whenever i want to create a project, there's only this 3 project selection, very few compare to the cloud one, is there anything i'm missing when installing the Software ?

regards

2 answers

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

Hi @van seo,

Since you said you just installed Jira Software, have you checked to make sure that you have given your user account access to use the Jira Software functionality?

You can see this by going to the Admin Cog -> Applications

Then click on the Application access link on the left hand pane.

You should get a screen that looks like this:

JiraSoftwareAccess.JPGI hope that helps!

-James

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

so that screenshot is for Business projects. Do you receive a screen prior to that allowing you to choose say Software project templates? What type of project do you need?

van seo April 29, 2019

i need to create software project with scrum template.

whenever i'm clicking create project, only shows that options in screenshot, even if i'm creating project from Software under Projects menu dropdown.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2019

talk to your admin. It may be that they have restricted project creation by templates

one other possibility is that you have install Jira Core and not Jira SW.

Suggest an answer