jira marketplace apps - migrating cloud pojects to another cloud instance

Su Sanni December 30, 2017

Which apps in the marketplace will allow me to migrate one jira cloud project over to an existing cloud project? From my search, it seems like all/most of the apps in the marketplace don't support Jira cloud version. 

I don't currently have Jira server, so I'm looking for a solution that would ultimately allow me to migrate or duplicate the details of one of project (ie issues, states, etc) into another cloud project. 

Does anyone have any suggestions, or links to marketplace apps that would work in this situation? 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Su,

The add-ons are primarily for JIRA Server as you have seen.  Even though you are not using JIRA Server regularly you can install a copy and use an evaluation license per the Atlassian Purchasing and Licensing knowledge base to perform the steps to perform the migration.

Once you have a local copy installed you can import projects by following the steps in How to migrate projects from one JIRA Cloud application to another if the target Cloud instance doesn't have any data that you care about. 

If the target Cloud instance has data you want to keep you'd need to follow the instructions in How to merge two different JIRA Cloud applications together.

In addition please vote on the Suggestion Provide support for "Single Project" imports into JIRA Cloud to add impact to the Feature Request:

Original Request

Currently the Data Importer only supports "Instance" (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+Data) imports, but support for for "Single Project" (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup) imports is also required.

This limitation makes instance migration/merge a difficult task.

Workaround:
How to merge two JIRA Cloud instances

Hopefully we can get this feature added to JIRA Cloud in the near future. 

Cheers,

Branden

Su Sanni January 3, 2018

Thank you Branden! 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

No worries.  Let us know if you have any questions about the above instructions.

Suggest an answer