jira core server is not starting

Ashok Kumar N May 18, 2022

jira core server is not starting after installed.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

There's nothing we can do with "Jira Core on Cloud is not starting".  You have not given us any information to work with.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

Well, they might not know where to begin with troubleshooting. 

I know its not much to go on, and this question is categorized as cloud instead of server, but we all come here for help because we don't have answers :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

True, but they've also told us Server and Cloud at the same time, and not even described how they know it is "not starting".  Are they looking at the command that starts it?  Or does "not starting" really mean "I can't reach it in a browser"?  Or that an angry penguin is sitting on their keyboard so they can't get to it?

Those aren't even "troubleshooting", they're "giving us a starting point"

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

I know but I also remember what it was like starting out with these products and not knowing anything, so I tend to be forgiving.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

It's nothing to do with the products.  Do you go to a doctor and expect them to help with a symptom without telling them what it is beyond "I don't feel right"?

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2022

HOW DID YOU KNOW?

OK ok, fine :)

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2022

The best thing to do would be to check the logs.  If you have back end access view the jira log using a tail command.

Check https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/useful-log-files-in-jira-1027120387.html

Try to tail catalina.out as well

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events