Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

jira core server is not starting

jira core server is not starting after installed.

2 answers

0 votes

There's nothing we can do with "Jira Core on Cloud is not starting".  You have not given us any information to work with.

Well, they might not know where to begin with troubleshooting. 

I know its not much to go on, and this question is categorized as cloud instead of server, but we all come here for help because we don't have answers :)

True, but they've also told us Server and Cloud at the same time, and not even described how they know it is "not starting".  Are they looking at the command that starts it?  Or does "not starting" really mean "I can't reach it in a browser"?  Or that an angry penguin is sitting on their keyboard so they can't get to it?

Those aren't even "troubleshooting", they're "giving us a starting point"

I know but I also remember what it was like starting out with these products and not knowing anything, so I tend to be forgiving.

It's nothing to do with the products.  Do you go to a doctor and expect them to help with a symptom without telling them what it is beyond "I don't feel right"?

Like Rob Horan likes this

HOW DID YOU KNOW?

OK ok, fine :)

The best thing to do would be to check the logs.  If you have back end access view the jira log using a tail command.

Check https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/useful-log-files-in-jira-1027120387.html

Try to tail catalina.out as well

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,865 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you