jira cloud email create issue not working from one customer

Schubert_ James November 2, 2017

All the email tickets are being created except for 1 customer. I have sent emails from my email with the same subject and it works fine. I have had the emails forwarded to jira directly and now have jira checking the inbox and it still will not create a ticket for that 1 customer. If i forward the email back to the same address it works fine e.g test1234 from cust@customer.com no ticket forward back to test@test.com so i receive fw: test1234 from test@test.com and i get a ticket for fw: test1234.  

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2017

Jira Cloud is using the sender's email address as a lookup to make sure that the useraccount actually has the permissions to create issues.  Given what you have described, it seems likely to me that this user does not have access to create issues with that specific account, in the specific project that mail handler is setup for. 

One way to test this would be to make sure this user can login to your Jira instance and create an issue on that project manually.  If they can do this, then the email handler should be able to take their sent messages and convert them correctly.  But if the email address that person uses to login to Jira with is different than the from address of their sent emails, that too might be the source of this problem.

Suggest an answer