jira agile questions

David Matraberci April 24, 2014

Hi,

We have ondemand jira in place for years, but we are using a different tool for agile iteration planning. We are interested in Jira Agile, but we have a few questions, can you please answer to those:

1. Are the Swim lanes configurable? By name, color, etc, what options are avaliable?

2. We have a considerable amount of backlog, how is the filtering working for that?

3. We have a single silo project, which is permissioned per ticket for different customers. We of course would like to maintain this visiblity. Is there any restriction, or other important information we have to know?

Thanks,

david

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2014

1. Yes, by assignee, story, something-I-can't-rememebr, and most importantly, you can put in any filter you want in a swimlane

2. You base a board on a filter, so you can play with those filters as you work through it. More usefully, you can also add quick-filters which futher filter your backlog (and they toggle) to make it easier to find things

3. I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for here. Jira and Agile will hide all information about issues the user does not have access to from that user (Which makes interesting baords - developers see a huge mass of stuff to do, but the users might only see 4 issues on the same board). Is that what you're looking for?

0 votes
David Matraberci April 24, 2014

Yes I think I have the answers, Thanks for them.

Suggest an answer