Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

jira admin rights

Dear Jira support,

I created this free single user Jira account to track my projects activities, I am definitely the admin for my Jira account, but i couldn't see the permission tab.

Please help.

Balaji Rajendran

Error message below:

You need permission

Request access from your administrator.

2 answers

Hi @Balaji Rajendran ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

If you have created this account just to check Jira functionalities then definitely you don't have permission as this might be limited due to Jira Cloud limited set of functionalities. It would be great if you post a screen shot for a better understanding.

I was trying to add Qtest Management tool since im not site admin im getting error with integration. For that we need site admin access.

Thanks,

Balaji Rajendhiran

Do you mean from marketplace ? That makes sense like site admin access required to add.

0 votes

Welcome to the Community!

There are two possibilities here

First, while you might be a site admin, you may not be the Jira admin.  Go to site admin and check that your account is definitely set up as a Jira admin.

Second, the free version of Jira Cloud has a limited set of functionalities, and you may be trying to use something that you can't use in the free version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

413 views 19 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you