issues still present in sprint, but all have been released

Tom Foster December 13, 2021

Hi, i recently push a release from a sprint which included all outstanding items. But, when i now go back to the project board and look at that sprint, the issues are all still present.  I am not sure if I should delete the sprint or something else to remove it from the top of the view.

Thanks in advance

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

It sounds like the issues were not "done" when you closed the sprint.

Were they all in the last column on the board when you closed it?

Hi Nic,

the main tasks was 'done' but some of the subtask were marked as 'won't do' or 'bump to version'.

I believe this is the issue so am removing these from the main task to see if this resolves.

Thanks for getting back to me :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

It should do.

I keep forgetting to add (and its subtasks) to this answer - they also need to be in the last column when you close the sprint!  A lot of use use the built-in condition for "do not allow issue to close unless all its sub-tasks are in the end state too".

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Riza _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Tom Foster 

Can you please clarify how exactly are they 'released from the sprint'? Do you mean that the sprint was completed? Issues that are worked on the sprints, will have their historic sprint information even after the sprint is completed. If a sprint is not completed, then you will have to clear the sprint value from them so that they do not show up on the sprint anymore. If the sprint is active and an issue is remove from it, then this will will result in scope change. 

Hi Mohamed,  I released the sprint from within Jira (active sprint that was completed/released).

I think the issue with some tasks being marked as 'bump to version' or 'won't do' that I need to remove and therefore make sure the issue is 100% done.

Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2021

Hi @Tom Foster ,

I'm not sur of what you did exactly, did your release in Jira the version these issues where associated with ?

In order to make the tasks disappear, you need to change their status to mark them as "Done", and then close the Sprint. This issues will then still be stored in Jira (you'll still be able to access them from the Jira search) but they won't be visible from your Jira project.

Let me know if it helps,

Guilhem

hi Guillhem,

thank you for getting back.  yes, released in jira where all issues were within the sprint.  I have found a new screen, where it confirms which tasks are not complete (looks like 'bump to version' and 'won't do' count as not done) and I am currently working through these.

Hopefully, this work will mean I can clear the sprint.

:) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events