issues are missing after bulk moving

T. K. January 7, 2018

I moved a large amount of issues from one project to another and now those issues are gone.  please help!!

6 answers

1 vote
T. K. January 10, 2018

thank you everyone for your quick responses.  We managed to figure out what happened.  As embarssing as it is we overlooked the fact that when bulk moving the issues get renumbered.  Due to the large amount of issues it got confused. thank you again and Happy New Year.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

ha. well none of the rest of us ever doing anything embarrassing like that! ;-)

glad you got it figured out.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Nope, never done that myself, ever.  At all.  Ever.  Honest.  ;-)

Adrian Chng May 6, 2020

Hi there, I have the same problem - I have just moved a bunch of issues from Project A to Project B and now they're not visible at all. Can you share what you did to find the issues again?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

Try just putting in the old issue key into the quick search.  It will redirect you to the new place it has landed.

Unless you don't have permission to see it in the new place!

0 votes
Gina Leuty July 22, 2022

This happened to me as well, but it was another user error situation. I did not have a status mapped on the new project. Once I mapped that status to the backlog, my missing issues were visible.

0 votes
sadia hanif February 9, 2022

Hi,

I have moved bulked moved issues from one project to another and cannot see them in either .Can someone advice please.

Thanks,

Sadia

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2018

If you can remember one of the old issue keys, then search for it - when Jira moves an issue, it retains a pointer from the old key to the new one.

Another thing that might hide a moved issue is permissions and security - check you have browse permissions in the target project and if there is a security scheme in place.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2018

Yes reindexing is automatic on cloud. So when you say they are missing how have you searched for them? Can you, if you have not, run the following query in the issue search

project = ‘new project’

if the results are not sorted by issue key then sort such that the newest is at the top. Assess if the newly moved are there. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2018

Hello,

If you are on Jira Server/Data Center try to reindex your Jira instance.

T. K. January 7, 2018

thanks for your help but I am on the online cloud version and dont see a way to reindex.  

Suggest an answer