issues are missing after bulk moving

I moved a large amount of issues from one project to another and now those issues are gone.  please help!!

4 answers

thank you everyone for your quick responses.  We managed to figure out what happened.  As embarssing as it is we overlooked the fact that when bulk moving the issues get renumbered.  Due to the large amount of issues it got confused. thank you again and Happy New Year.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

ha. well none of the rest of us ever doing anything embarrassing like that! ;-)

glad you got it figured out.

Nope, never done that myself, ever.  At all.  Ever.  Honest.  ;-)

0 votes
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 07, 2018

Hello,

If you are on Jira Server/Data Center try to reindex your Jira instance.

thanks for your help but I am on the online cloud version and dont see a way to reindex.  

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 07, 2018

Yes reindexing is automatic on cloud. So when you say they are missing how have you searched for them? Can you, if you have not, run the following query in the issue search

project = ‘new project’

if the results are not sorted by issue key then sort such that the newest is at the top. Assess if the newly moved are there. 

0 votes

If you can remember one of the old issue keys, then search for it - when Jira moves an issue, it retains a pointer from the old key to the new one.

Another thing that might hide a moved issue is permissions and security - check you have browse permissions in the target project and if there is a security scheme in place.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,731 views 14 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you