is there a way to filter closed epics on GH 6 scrum board with "epics" from GH labs enabled?

Susan Hazlett November 10, 2012

I just turned on the "epics" feature for scrum boards in GH labs, and all epics I currently have in my project, including closed ones are showing. Is there a way to filter the closed ones so that only open ones show?

I can't wait for this feature to be fully enabled - it looks to be a great addition to the new GH scrum board!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

In GreenHopper 6.1 we will add the ability for Epics to be marked as 'Done'. For now the easiest solution is to change the board's filter to exclude completed Epics, for example adding the following clause will filter all Epics that have a resolution set: "and (issuetype != Epic or resolution is empty)".

Thanks,
Shaun

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2013

To keep Epics in the normal Workflow, try something like the advice in HowTo: Track Epics in the Control Chart to allow users to transition Epics as normal while keeping Epic Status updated.

0 votes
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2012

Hi Susan,

I'm a bit not clear about this, what do you mean here about 'closed' epics. Do you mean here closed 'Sprints' filters by specific 'Epics' ?

Cheers,

Omar

Suggest an answer