is it possible to add user stories to new features?

Andres Velasco August 21, 2013

Hi our organization is currently running big projects with more than 30 user stories, we may want to set a jerarchy that will allow us to have Epics -> Features -> User Stories, is it possible to do that in green hopper?

I know that Features and User Stories can be added to an Epic but they both are at the same level, we want to categorize the stories within Features so we will have something like:

Epic1
Feature A
User Story A.1
User Story A.2

User Story A.n

Feature B
User Story B.1
User Story B.2

User Story B.n

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Chris DeAntonio December 4, 2017

Has anyone successfully used a hierarchy of Epics -> Features -> User Stories without the Structure plugin?

I've been exploring the possibility of using Version as the highest level so add that third level.  So it would be:

Version -> Epic -> User Stories where Version = my "Epic" , Epic = my "Feature" and User Story = User Story...

0 votes
Baxter Crabtree August 21, 2013

Hi Andres,

Have you looked at the Structure Plugin? That allows you to create rollup relationships between JIRA issues. I manage a backlog with very large Epics, and I switched to JIRA from Rally which allowed user story parenting and story estimate accumulation, so I was missing out on the Feature level you described as well.

My group of product managers and product owners are exploring the Structure plugin which will allow for the ad hoc creating of these mid-level features you mention above. It might work for you.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.almworks.jira.structure

...and no, it's not possible to do that in Greenhopper yet.

Suggest an answer