importing - java.lang.illegalStateException: Could not determine the proper mapping from Oracle exp

Sue Bridges November 8, 2017

Using Restore System to import data.  According to the documentation, it will remove existing and update from import file.

It starts the import OK and show the progress screen, however, it then returns to the Restore screen with the red error:-

Error importing data: java.lang.illegalStateException: Could not determine the proper mapping from Oracle export, for column ERROR_COUNT

It appears, fortunately, not to have done anything.  I logged out and in to ensure I could do.

The export is from another JIRA 7.5 on another Server that we are going to migrate to this new one so to do the migration, I was hoping it would just be a case of export, copy over attachments and import here.  Maybe not?

Any idea about the error anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Sue

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I found this.  JIRA had not created a correctly formatted archiveobject.xml file.  This link provided me with the solution

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/could-not-determine-the-proper-mapping-from-oracle-export-for-column-default-776815306.html

0 votes

ERROR_COUNT is a column in various SYS owned tables, the error doesn't state which, don't suppose it matters which one.  The original database is on Oracle 11, the new Server has Oracle 12.  Could be something in that?

Suggest an answer