impact of agile on JIRA

Jason Saadatmand March 5, 2015

I have been asked to research what potential effect Agile has on JIRA as my company is thinking of adding it to our instance of JIRA and I can't seem to find an answer to these two question:

With regards to the modification of the database, does that have any impact of JIRA's functionality or any known impact on other add-ons?

Also, have there been any other noticeable unintended or unexpected effects installing Agile has had for other users?

My JIra version is 6.3.3

2 answers

0 votes
WeAreAllJustinNow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2015

Hi Jason,

JIRA Agile, along with the grand majority of JIRA plugins, use their own Active Objects tables to store data.  There are no changes made to JIRA's existing schema.  In my experience supporting JIRA and JIRA Agile, I have yet to run across any instances of JIRA Agile interfering with other add-ons.  

Like Nic mentioned, most of the unintended consequences of JIRA Agile are directly resultant of people using the plugin in a manner that is not intended or in conjunction with unorthodox/unsupported environments.  Also as Nic mentioned, testing JIRA Agile before rolling out to your production site is a major key to your success.  

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2015

Not really.  If you decide you don't like Agile, you can remove it and all you lose is access to some Agile related data.  I'm not aware of direct effects on other addons either.

Unintended or unexpected effects - plenty, but most of them happen because of odd configurations or things they've missed when doing the impact analysis or testing.

Suggest an answer