if I'm a project administrator with extended permition, edit workflow permition?

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

if I'm a project administrator with extended permission, but not board administrator. From where option menu can I modify the workflow?

Regards , Marce

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Hello @Marcela Junyent

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your question description, I believe you are talking about a classic Jira project, not Next-gen. Can you confirm that?

Please, allow me to provide you with some concepts so we can confirm we are on the same page here:

In Jira Classic projects, Board columns and Workflow statuses are not necessarily related to each other. Better explaining, you can have multiple workflow statuses mapped to the same board column, or even don't have any mapped status to any columns at all, so the management of the project workflow is not related to the board and the permissions are completely unrelated.

That being said, you must be a project admin to manage/modify a workflow, considering all the projects the workflow is mapped to. In other words, ff the workflow is shared with multiple projects, you must be a project admin on all the related projects.

Here are the steps to edit a workflow:

1. In the header of your Jira page, click on Projects.
  2. Click on the project(s) where your workflow is mapped to 
  3. Click Project settings > Workflows
  4. Click the pencil icon on the right side of your workflow to properly edit it

For more details about workflows, please check the documentation below:

Manage issue workflows 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events