i wanted to transfer configurations(custom workflows, custom fields etc), data from one JIRA (win

snehalTusharNangare
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

I wanted to transfer configurations(custom workflows, custom fields, etc), and data from one JIRA (windows) to another JIRA instance(Datacenter). could you please guide me on how it is possible?

let's consider I have two servers, with their jiras. I wanted to transfer all data that is present in one jira to the second jira which is available in the second server. how should I transfer all data from one server to another? 

1 answer

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

Hi @snehalTusharNangare , thanks for your question.

Here is the documentation for how to do a server to DC migration, https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/migrate-from-server-to-data-center-953127136.html 

Depending on the complexity, you might want to consider using an Atlassian Partner, but there will be a cost for this - https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/ 

Hope this helps

Cheers

snehalTusharNangare
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

Is it will help to transfer data from one server to another to their existing Jira Software? 

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Hi @snehalTusharNangare , apologies for the delay in replying.

If you are asking if it is easier to migrate one server to another server / data center that already has Jira Software on it, this is something typically a consultant or an Atlassian Partner would be able to investigate and support you with.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events