i want to upgrade from jira software cloud premium

임우택 March 31, 2024

I'm using the standard version now.

i want to upgrade from jira software cloud premium

but this is Only trial version can be upgraded.

I want to upgrade to the official version because standard version does not use the e-mail service.

Please tell me how to upgrade the official version of Jira software cloud premium.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2024

Hi @임우택 

Can I clarify - what email service does Premium have that Standard does not?

---

You can upgrade plan levels via https://admin.atlassian.com/

1. Select your Org (if needed)
  2. Select Billing from the top navigation bar
  3. Select the Manage hyperlink next to Jira Software
  4. On the next screen, select the Change plan button
  5. Follow the steps to try it free (on a trial), before it moves to a paid model

Ste

임우택 March 31, 2024

Thank you for your answer.

When registering for Jira Issue, the reporter and Watcher are receiving e-mails, but the e-mails seem to have limitations.

Do you know about this?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2024

Hi @임우택 

This could be either...

• Email notification limits
  • Automation service limits
  • Automation execution limits

---

Notification Limits

These are for notifications, i.e emails to notify you of different issue events (like create issue).

On a Free plan, Jira can only send up to 100 emails per day. However, whilst there is no limit on a paid plan (Standard onwards), this limit can sometimes present itself on trial versions, and take up to 30 days to lift when upgrading from Free > Standard.

You can contact Atlassian Support if you've recently upgraded or are still on a trial to get the limit lifted.

See this help page:

Jira can send a maximum of 100 emails per day on the Free plan. After 100 emails, notifications are paused until the following day. You can upgrade your plan to allow for more email notifications. When upgrading to a paid plan, it may take up to 30 days for this limit to be lifted. If you're trialing a Standard, Premium or Enterprise plan, or have recently upgraded to a paid plan, and need to increase your daily email limit, contact our support team.

---

Automation Service Limits

These are for automation rules - i.e if you're using the "Send Email" action.

Similar to Notification limits, there are limits on Free plans when using the "Send Email" action - see this help page:

100 emails in a 24 hour period.

This limit only applies to the Free edition of Jira Cloud and Trial licenses.

Again, if you've recently upgraded or on a Standard trial and are hitting these limits contact Atlassian Support for more assistance.

---

Automation Execution Limits

These are overall limits for rule executions on automation rules - including the "Send Email" action.

These are different limits between JSW Standard and Premium for these:

• Standard: 1700/month
  • Premium: 1000/user/month (eg. 200 users = 200,000)

You can see more on how these limits work for all Atlassian products on this page.

For this, you would need to upgrade if you need more executions.

---

Let us know if this helps :)

Ste

0 votes
Answer accepted
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2024

Hi @임우택. Welcome to the community! You can go to: https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing

And follow the steps:

1. Select Quotes and Plan changes
  2. Under Choose a topic, select Change cloud plan.
  3. In the Related URL, SEN, EN or invoice number field, find the product you’re raising a request for, associated with the site URL provided above.
  4. In the List the products, plans, and number of users you wish to change field, select the product(s) and add the user count.
  5. Enter your request in the Your question field and Submit.
  6. You’ll receive a request confirmation email and we’ll get in touch with you.
    I hope it helps.
      Cheers,

Melo

임우택 March 31, 2024

I sent you about changing the cloud plan
Please check.

have a good day

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD