i want a JQL filter to basically bring me the all the epics that i have issues that are in progress

osvaldo plabst March 1, 2018

I did it work with Script runner with this, but i need it to not show me repetitions! if someone can help me !example.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

There do not appear to be any "repetitions" here - each line is a separate issue?

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

I can't think of any scenario in Jira where duplicate issues are listed in a query.

osvaldo plabst March 1, 2018

i didn't explain my self right, sorry ! the thing is, we have story type names in the epics, and we assign the tasks of the epics to peoples.

so we want a dashboard that tells to the manager that

"epic-33 - As a cashier i want to register a new client - in progress - by Jon Doe"

the problem is that everyone has a lot of tasks in one epic, so the manager is watching a lot of "repetitions".

sorry if i'm not clear enough yet with this

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2018

But that's the work that needs to be done, so they should see it.

I still do not understand, but I'd like to take a wild guess - what you mean is that you don't want the managers to care about the stories (which sounds odd, but let's roll with it), but only the Epic.  The Epic will usually contain many stories, which could be with different people, but the Epic is the manager reporting point, so they should see it as (broadly) "not started", "in progress (please see stories for details)" and "done".  Is that broadly the idea?

osvaldo plabst March 2, 2018

hahahaa yes!!! that's right ! we use epic as release versions! so the manager wants to see in what release version is everyone working on ! ejemplo 2.PNG

we did this in dashboard, but we want to take out the repetitions, to only show one story per epic! sorry if i did't explain myself right again..

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 5, 2018

Suggest an answer