howto find linked issues linked with a linkType

Massimiliano Stretti March 29, 2024

Hi,

i have this automation

Screenshot 2024-03-29 181728.png

It find all linked issues and update the description.  It works.

But i need only certains linked issues, based on the linkedType (myCustomLinkedType1)

I think i need an other condition in the "Then: Lookup issues" but i can't find.

Someone can help?

Thank you

2 answers

2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Massimiliano Stretti 

Although it is unclear what problem you are trying to solve by adding the linked issue data to the Description field...you may search for issues by link type with JQL:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/jql-fields/#Issue-link-type

Additionally, you may search for issues with a link type to a specific issue with the linkedIssues() JQL function:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/jql-functions/#linkedIssues--

Kind regards,
Bill

Massimiliano Stretti March 30, 2024

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

The response is below, in the @Kalyan Sattaluri thread 

Thank you anyway for your time and attention

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hello @Massimiliano Stretti 

Can you clarify what are you trying to do?

When issue transitions, you want to find linked issues of certain type and update the trigger issue's description with the summaries of the linked issues?

Sorry isnt clear from your post..

Massimiliano Stretti March 30, 2024

Hi @Kalyan Sattaluri ,

yes. My client wants to automatically generate the description in a certain format so that anyone, over time, will have the note made that way.

The description is sent by the automation to a Confluence workflow, where it will be unpacked, and each piece will be assigned to a cost center approver automatically.

So, if I move issue MYISSUE1 to the RELEASE APPROVAL state, the description will be automatically populated with the issues linked to MYISSUE1. However, I have the constraint that the description must only contain issues linked with linkType MYCUSTOMTYPE1.

I found a solution that works for me. 

Screenshot 2024-03-30 194054.png

I added

AND issueLinkType = "MYCUSTOMTYPE1"

in the "Then:Lookup issues" component

Thank you !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL