• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to zoom-in in vertical axis in a kanban CFD diagram?

Hi all,

I have the  CFD showed below and I would like to explore the band with in different periods of time. is there any way to do a zoom-in in the vertical axis?

As I have lot of issues in "Done" is not possible to analize the band width ith detail.

2021-03-26 13_21_01-CFD.png

Thanks,

1 answer

Hi @carlos_marin 

Unfortunately this zooming cannot be done in Jira without a marketplace add-on at this time.  Here are the two suggestions to fix this (cloud and server):

My work-around for this chart behavior is quick filters: I create a quick filter for my reporting time frame (e.g. last 90 days open or resolved) and select it in the report.  Then the y-axis starts at zero.

I understand this relatively alters the slope of the CFD status areas, arrival, and departure.  And so I also built my own CFD, control charts, etc. outside of Jira in a spreadsheet for a sanity check.

Best regards,

Bill

Thanks for the answer @Bill Sheboy ! 

Wow! then when you have a lot of ticket closed this graph is totally useless.

The workaroung with filters is not very user friendly, keeping in mind that slope could be altered.

If Atlassian promote Jira to do kanban, they should consider to improve that graph.

Best regards!

Indeed. Trying searching in the suggestions for "Kanban" to see other good ideas along those lines.

There are better supporting visualization tools in the marketplace, like the ones based on the ideas from the book Actionable Agile Metrics for Predictability: An Introduction by Daniel Vacanti.  If you got the money for add-ons or the ability to build your own gadgets for dashboards.

Like carlos_marin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

130 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you