how to restrict other user to view other project which wasnt assign to that project

Praveen Kumar E October 18, 2018

hi,need to know how to restrict other user to view dashboard and modify the other project.

example:

A was assign to project A.

B should not view or see anything regarding project A.

assign user only can view or see and work in their assigned project they should not ablw to see any other project.

1 answer

0 votes
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2018

Hi Praveen

By default if the permission scheme of project A is restricted to only users within the project (browse permissions restricted only to project roles/groups), B will not be able to see anything related to project A.

Now, coming to the second part, where in I presume you want B to be able to see the project only if B is set as an assignee to the issue. To achieve this there is a way that includes setting issue security scheme.

Here is how I accomplished it for 1 of my projects.

Step 1: Create a issue security scheme to allow access to assignee and users in the project role.

Step 2: For all the issues created in the project A, make sure this security level is set by default.

Step 3: Open browse project and other view/edit permissions to your jira-users group. However users will not be able to see your issues as it is restricted in Step 2.

Step 4: If you want some person B to see your issue, assign the issue to him and he should be able to view the issue.

Note : Please note what permissions you give the B, Its better to limit his permissions to comment/view/edit. Limit set issue security and transition permissions to project roles.

Let me know in case of any further clarifications.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer