how to get the Email from a body??

I have my Jira setup to get my emails ~> tickets (Which works) 

However, if the user is registered to the JIRA they get the notifications that I setup on automation

now when the user is NOT Registered that doesn't work because, when I try to send a notification or a reply, it doesn't take the E-mail from the user that is not registered, how do I fix that so NON REGISTERED Users can send issue + Get notifications + get a reply and Reply back to me (Like the registered users can do)

Please help........

I also am confused on what is:

Reporter
Initiator
Assignee
ETC.....

Could somebody please post in short words what they are?

thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Ankur tripathi May 6, 2021

Hi, Bruno

If the user is not consuming a Jira licence/not registered he/she will not get a Jira notification. For more details please go through the given link.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/

Reporters are the ones who create an issue in Jira. Then that issue is assigned to someone, that will become the assignee for that issue.

ok and initiator? wouldn't it be the person whom initiated the E-mail instead of the Reporter? 

also, that be a major issue if they can't get the Reply / Emails unless they are logged in.

I did some rly intricate automations but its all for nothing then.

Wish was a way to get body Email and put it on the reply to: 

This is what it says when user is NOT a JIRA registered:

[This email was written by (NAME) from (E-Mail Address)]

Thought that I could get that bit of into (E-Mail Adress) and use it as a "reply to" Address but you telling me that can't be done, right?

Also thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events