how do i get the right priority in the activesprint overview board?

Hi,

We have ordered the issues of a sprint in the backlog view. This all looks good. Important to mention that some stories have subtasks and others do not. When we start the sprint and start using the active sprint overview board the priorities do not reflect the backlog priority list.

What happends is that all stories with subtasks have priority over the stories without subtasks.

What we want is that the priority defined in backlogview is reflected in the active sprint overview

Here some screenshots, first the backlogview which has the right order. CCVS-4116 is on top as we want.

backlogview_rightpriorityorder.png

but when we swicht to the active sprint we see that it has dropped from the top to the 'other issues' list, which is much lower:

activesprintboard_wrongpriorityorder.png

Can anyone explain how to solve this?

1 answer

Can you define swimlanes based on priority, that way P0 will always feature on top followed by P1, P2,P3 and P4(however you may have defined).

Rahul

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,243 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you