how do i add an Issue count burndown to a dashboards?

James_LeNoble July 14, 2021

I would like to add an issue count burndown to a dashboard, but for some reason, the burndown gadget only displays the remaining time estimate.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2021

Hi @James_LeNoble

As @Trudy Claspill indicates, there's no a native way of using issue count in the Burndown gadget. We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira, which provides more than 60 different gadgets and metrics, custom charts, etc. Our Burndown chart gadget allows you to select different estimation statistics, like issue count (also story points, time estimate...).

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 09.44.51.pngScreenshot 2021-07-15 at 09.44.32.png

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Hello @James_LeNoble 

You cannot do that with the native Burndown gadget. A request was opened for that previously, but Atlassian has marked it as Won't Fix.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16071

I found another community post that mentioned a third party app that might help. There are probably other third party apps that could also help.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-discussions/Issue-burndown-chart-for-dashboard/td-p/825633

3 votes
James_LeNoble July 15, 2021

Thanks for the responses @Gorka Puente _Appfire_ and @Trudy Claspill, Not the outcome I was looking for, but I will explore the suggested 3rd party apps. I have to say that I think Jira marking this as won't fix is unacceptable as this should be a fundamental feature.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events