how do I delete a closed sprint from greenhopper?

Robert Pepitone February 27, 2014

I believe my velocity report is throwing this error because I have a test sprint that has no stories.

"No issues present in sprint to generate scope change model"

How Can I remove the sprint??

2 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2014

Hi Robert,

My bad, the sprint wasn't deleted after it's closed, yes the documentation statiing -

""Closed sprints cannot be deleted." is correct

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

People facing similar issue here (see comments)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Deleting+a+Sprint

Can you confirm that having a closed sprint with no stories will cause the Velocity Chart to throw this error:

"No issues present in sprint to generate scope change model"

For this reason I'm trying to remove the closed sprint but so far I've been unsuccessfull.

Thanks

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2014

i just tested a similar scenario in my test machine, it works fine at my side. I am using JIRA Agile version - 6.3.6.1

Which version are you using? there is a known issue as well -

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9036

Please be more specific.

What is it that works fine for you? I'm trying to remove a closed sprint (with no stories) so that my Velocity Chart stops throwing this error "No issues present in sprint to generate scope change model"

I'm using Jira v6.0.5

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2014

I was able to remove a completed sprint which didn't have any issues.

you have mentioned your JIRA version but the bug is with the JIRA Agile (greenhopper) version whose link i shared

My bad Jira Agile Version: 6.2.5

How did you remove the closed sprint?

The documentation link that you pasted above clearly states ..."Closed sprints cannot be deleted."

Suggest an answer