how can i link a user story to multiple version

Mukesh Kumar June 2, 2015

I have a user story which will be checked into multiple version.  How this is linked ? I am also curious how this will have affect on sprint.

2 answers

0 votes
  • Hello Jubin
    I am using JIRA Agile version 6.7. if I am dragging backlog to version pannel it will only stick with only one version.

see the instruction below. My question is what is the process to add a user story to multiple version.

Following steps are from JIRA agile documentation

• Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.

• Click Backlog.
  • If the Versions panel is not shown at the left of the screen, select Tools > Show Version Panel.
  • Drag the issue(s) onto the relevant version. The version will turn green (see Screenshot 1). warning When you add an issue to a version this way, the issue will be removed from any other version(s) to which it belonged.
  • The version's name will be displayed on the issue as a grey lozenge
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

I guess you are right. When you add versions like this on JIRA Agile, it won't stick. Have you tried editing the story directly to update multiple versions?

I can manually add multiple version into a user story. However release panel shows user story with last version added, which is a bug in my view

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

Story can have multiple versions and that is a default functionality in JIRA. It doesn't have any impact on Sprints though because sprints and versions are not directly related.

The story is resolved in the Sprint but is released with the version.

Suggest an answer