how can I share a sprint report publicly

Josh Sharpe April 20, 2021

I'd like an obfuscated link that anyone who has can view the current Sprint Report.  The share dialog  Scrum_Board_-_Agile_Board_-_Jira.jpg lets me copy a link but that link requires authentication.

Is this possible somehow?

3 answers

0 votes
Josh Sharpe April 22, 2021

I tried building a dashboard that exposed an Issue 'gadget' with a filter for the current sprint.  After making it public and viewing it in Incognito mode the sprint is blank.  The javascript console has a bunch of 401 (unauthorized) errors.

Also, it's made public at a very guessable URL:

https://MYDOMAIN.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10001#Filter-Results/10006

This isn't obfuscated and would be a blocker even if the issues showed up.

Seems like those solutions don't work.

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Josh Sharpe

As @Trudy Claspill mentions, you can share publicly a dashboard:

1. Change the configuration in System -> Settings -> Allow users to share dashboards and filters with the public.
  2. Change the access of the dashboard to public

Although not sure how to actually display the information of the gadgets there. Regarding sprints, you have the Days Remaining in Sprint Gadget, the Sprint Burndown Gadget and Sprint Health Gadget.

On the other hand, we provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira. It comes with different pre-defined dashboard templates where you'll find metrics and charts depending on the category: ITSM, DevOps, Agile... and you can always use any of the more than 60 provided gadgets, or set up your own custom charts and share all them with non-logged in users. See this live demos: ITSM dashboard or Agile Team dashboard.

Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 10.19.04.png

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hello @Josh Sharpe 

Welcome to the community.

I don't think you can directly share the sprint report with non-users, but you can share Dashboards with non-users. You might be able to recreate the content of the sprint report on a dashboard and share that.

See this post for a discussion on sharing dashboards with the public.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Public-View-of-Sprint-and-Backlog/qaq-p/1369127

Credit to @Ollie Guan 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events