hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error

Stephan Peinkofer July 23, 2017

I tried to create a new Project in JIRA and got the Error:

"hmm... we couldn't create your project due to an unknown error"

Looking at the logs, it turned out that non of the available resolutions match my problem.

I get the following error messages:

2017-07-24 07:59:11,842 https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-18 ERROR peinkofer 479x9125x1 16wruwr 129.187.15.185 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.jira.project.ProjectCreateRegistrarImpl] The handler with id com.atlassian.jira.project-templates-plugin:apply-project-template-handler threw an exception while handling a notification about a project being created

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "AO_60DB71_DETAILVIEWFIELD_pkey"

We run Jira 7.3.5.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

Hi Stephan

Only looking at your error message did I realise that you're trying to create a project via the REST API - initally i assumed it was directly via Jira.

Firstly, do the user credentials that you're using for the API call have Admin rights? Whatever you do via the API needs to have the relevant access rights. Have you tried with the same user to create a project directly in Jira?

Secondly, it would be useful to see the complete call (curl or Json) that you're using, to give others a better chance at understanding what's gone wrong.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2017

I just looked again at your error message and seeing "duplicate key" was wondering if you're trying to create the project by SQL to the database. If so, don't, it's definitely not the way to go

Stephan Peinkofer July 24, 2017

Hi Warren,

no, I tried to create the project via the JIRA Web Interface. Not via REST.

I think I now already found a solution. Seems that somehow some sequences in the datase had a wrong setting. As I incremented them to a higher value, I now managed it to create a new project.

This is a cloud instance restored to on-premise. Maybe that was the cause that the sequences were set to the wrong value.

Like Oleg Sklar likes this

Suggest an answer