get issues that have no time estimate

Lucas Sain May 6, 2021

Hi,

I'm using the API to try to get issues that have time estimate equal to some value. I have no success doing this. Any ideas. This is what I used:

https://yyyy.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=timeestimate%3D3600

This does seem to filter something but actually it is still bringing me issues with time estimate different than 3600

Help appreciated 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

When you say you are getting time estimates that are different than 3600, which field are you seeing that contains that data?

Based on my experiments in searching through the UI it seems like the "timeestimate" field in the filter corresponds to Remaining Estimate.

Lucas Sain May 6, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill ,

Actually in the test I was looking for Original estimation of the issue. I want to find certain cases where Original Estimation is a certain value.  I had tried with timeoriginalestimate without success and then tried  timeestimate without success neither. see the result of one of the response:

rest.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

For Original Estimate try "originalestimate". That works in the JQL in the UI.

Lucas Sain May 6, 2021

How did you find this in the UI...the field name...I was going arround and did not see it...sorry newbie question... 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

Using the Advanced Search functionality ...

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 3.56.22 PM.png

...I started typing in "original" and JIRA provided possible matching fields.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 3.57.01 PM.png

Lucas Sain May 6, 2021

Just adjusted with same result:

https://xxxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=originalestimate%3D3600

this returned issue ID 50478 when I looked it up had 1w 2d 4hrest 2.png

Lucas Sain May 6, 2021

GRRRR I know the problem.... I was transforming to seconds and the query is in minutes.... I got it to work using minutes...

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Lucas Sain May 7, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill ,

Would you know why this querry brings mi 20k records but when I execute it on the issue navigator I get 3

https://ttttt.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search??jql=createdDate>%3D2021-01-01 and originalEstimate<%3D0 and status!%3DDone ORDER BY created DESC

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Please provide an image from the UI that shows the query and that the results are just 3 records.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

Just guessing, but maybe the API is pulling the issues where the Original Estimate field has no value at all vs. the UI where you have to explicitly include a criteria to get the issues with no value.

createdDate>=2021-01-01 and (originalEstimate<=0 or originalestimate is empty) and status!=Done ORDER BY created DESC

Without the extra criteria in the UI only the issues where an Original Estimate value has actually been set will be retrieved. If no value was explicitly set in the issue in the UI, then the field is considered empty rather than <=0.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Lucas Sain May 7, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill ,

You RULE. Yes the empty worked and now the UI brings exact same amount than the API. I would have never figured it our. I was all day testing changing the date and other fields values/format with no results...

Thanks

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events