epic field screen from epic panel

Michal Crkon July 21, 2013
Hi guys, I have a question. When end user selects epic ( create epic = sign + in epic panel ) in plan mode of GH board it will display only few fields not all so user has to go to configuration and there to select all or field she/he wants to use. I am able to create screens for different issue type... but i do not know where to set this screen. Where can i find the configuration for this epic? Thanks for your help guys. Have a nice day, Miso

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

At the moment, the create screen for the Epic issue type only shows a few fields that you can use. By right, you should be able to click the Configure Fields to show more fields. Else, you will have to edit the issue to input more data.

Michal Crkon July 21, 2013
Yes and it is a bit strange. I use screen for create epic which contents aprox. 10 fields. This template pop-ups when user is creating a new issue - epic. however when epic is created through epic panel, it pops up only 4 fields.
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

It's just the way it is.. :)

Michal Crkon July 23, 2013
When i click to add epic from the epic panel, not all mandatory fields are being displayed until user clicks on configure fields and adds these mandatory fields. Should the mandatory fields not be shown by default when i try to create epic from epic panel? /Thanks Miso
Michal Crkon July 23, 2013
When i click to add epic from the epic panel, not all mandatory fields are being displayed until user clicks on configure fields and adds these mandatory fields. Should the mandatory fields not be shown by default when i try to create epic from epic panel? /Thanks Miso · Edit · Delete
0 votes
Mark Scarantino November 5, 2013

Is anyone else having this issue? I know I am . I would like to be able to set what fields are displayed when an epice is created via the Agile Scrum board. If I can hit configure and pick the ones I want, then update them, why am I not able to define I want these all the time?

Saying "that is the way it is" is not really an acceptable answer.

We are talking efficiencies here.

Thoughts?

Atlassian?

Suggest an answer