date started block, worklog email notifications

Adam Wojak February 21, 2018

Hi,

1. I added some issues that i have to do every 3 months. I have to fill in my worklog every 3 months, i would like to set a notification to email me if i forgot to fill in worklog. Basically something like emailing me every 3 months but if i filled worklog notification is "suspended" for next 3 months.

2. Is it possible to block 'start date' when filling in worklog?

3. I would like to set a notification to email me at 5pm that day if i forgot to fill in worklog and email someone else if worklog isn't filled at 7pm. Is it possible?

3 answers

0 votes
Krzysztof
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2018

3. Once you have your JQL filter saved, you can create two separate subscriptions, one for you, and the other one, addressed to some other person or group. You can also share your filter with the other person and ask her to create subscription on her own.

0 votes
Krzysztof
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2018

2. I am not sure what you mean by blocking 'start date'? It would be also better to ask this question in a separate thread for clarity.

0 votes
Krzysztof
Atlassian Team
February 23, 2018

Hi,

1. Have you tried creating a filter like in link ? Based on your spec, I'd use something like

/*in case you have the ScriptRunner plugin installed:*/

key in ("YOURKEY-1","YOURKEY-2",...) and issuefunction not in workLogged("after -3M")

/*or in case you don't have the plugin:*/

key in ("YOURKEY-1","YOURKEY-2",...) and worklogDate <= "-3M"

/*the second one assumes that all your issues were work-logged
at least once in the past(worklogDate is not empty).
Otherwise they will be skipped in search results*/

It should give you the list of all your issues that you did not logged on for the last 3 months.

If it works for you, save it and move on to creating subscription based on that filter.

Check these out for detailed guidance:

'Subscribing to your search results' section of Working with search results.

To find out how to schedule notifications to be sent every three months:

Advanced notifications scheduling

For instance, the following cron expression:

0 0 8 1 JAN,APR,JUL,OCT ? ?

should trigger the notification at 8:00am on 1st day of January, April, July and October, any day of the week, any year.

If you want the notification 'suspended' when you logged your work on time, just make sure the 'Email this filter, even if there are no issues found' checkbox on subscription form is not checked.

Suggest an answer