date and time format in JQL query

Roberto Miranda February 8, 2023

How I can change the format of date and time in JQL query?

I see dates and time for example in format:
February 17, 2023 9:00 AM
or 
En 1 semana 

What??? in one week? which is this format ???
I need see dates and time in profesional format like dd/mm/yyyy hh:mi, view time in 24hs not in AM or PM

like this:
17/02/2023 21:00

formatofechahora.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

I found these issues related to the relative display of date/time information in the Issue View screen.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-34511

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41506

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-45928

Some of these have addition issues linked to them. I have not looked through all the linked issues to see if there is any reference to the display specifically within the Search results.

The relative display occurs when the date/time is within 1 week (before or after) the current date/time.

If you hover over the relative date/time display it will show you the absolute date/time.

In the issues I looked through so far I did not see any that have been resolved that would let you disable the relative date/time display.

0 votes
Roberto Miranda February 9, 2023

image.png

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hi, @Roberto Miranda - welcome to the Community! 

Can you provide a little more info, since we can't see the column headers in your screenshot?

• Are the date fields you're displaying native Jira dates (Created, Updated, Due Date, Start Date, etc.) or are they custom dates?
  • Are these Jira Service Management tickets displaying SLA dates, or just standard Jira Software tickets?
  • When you open one of the tickets, does the date display in the format you want to see on the ticket itself?

Generally, date formats are set at the system level; it's not a user setting. But if you can answer my questions, I may be able to point you to where those settings are if you have access to change them (or you can request that your system admin change them if all users agree.)

Roberto Miranda February 9, 2023

image.pngimage.pngimage.png
image.png

I don't know about date fields are native Jira dates or custom dates. I suppouse they are custom.
When I create a ticket, edit or view never see the dates fields in the same format.
You can see it in the attached screenshots.
month, day year time am/pm
relative date
day short month year time 24
day/number month/year time 24
day/short month/year time 24
it's a joke?
I tried choose format dates field in my profile, but it's blocked by admin.
thanks for your help

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2023

Yes, unfortunately Jira is known for date display issues. The edit mode fields will show number-only formats (18/2/23) because they use a date picker widget; when not editing the field they will show the longer format (18 Feb 2023).

As to why your search column is showing relative dates, I'm sorry - I don't have an answer. We only have one project that uses date/time fields instead of date-only, and it does show relative dates if I include one of those fields in a search column. I've looked through all of the admin settings and can't find anything that would turn it off and force all date/times to display as actual instead of relative date/times in filter columns.

Hopefully someone else has an answer that I've missed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events