customer unable to browse user in service desk customer portal

Rashmi Belur November 29, 2017

I have a custom field for listing multiple users using user picker and Browse user global permission is set to Anyone. 

I am using service desk 3.4 with jira 7.3.3. 

when this field is exposed to customer portal and customer cannot search any other users in this field.

2 answers

2 votes
Rodolfo March 28, 2019

On JSD Server, the configuration that allows users to "browse" users in a custom field is managed by the same configuration that sets the sharing customer capabilities.

2019-03-28_14-38-46.png

Try changing the configuration as shown in the screenshot above and your customer will be able to "browse" users in the custom field.

If you want to allow customers to share requests with only their organization, make sure that the customer who is trying to browse users belongs to at least one group and that there are more members within that group.

Kevin Barbar September 5, 2019

I'm experiencing this same exact problem as Rashimi. First, it was happening on multiple projects, I fixed those projects by configuring it as you have screenshotted. 

I haven't been able to replicate that fix on one other instance. Do you have any additional help for this issue?

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

It is better to use a group versus Anyone.

Is Anyone option not supported?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

Under Global Permissions it is always recommended to use groups. Anyone is supported in JIRA however it is not the best option in this case. If you have a Dev environment try a group and see if it is working :)

Best of luck!

I tried creating group for set of users , has no luck. Only JIRA Admin role was able to browse users even though it was not set in the global permission. 

Is this a bug?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2017

Then your JIRA Admin should check the Project Permissions. He should SU as a regular user and check not as an Admin so that he can see what you are experiencing guys.

Suggest an answer