custom field

Suma Pralhad Kustagi November 25, 2020

Hi All,

I have created a custom field and will add the existing project..

We have already previous issues in the project, will the newly created custom field be visible in the older issues and can we add the values to the new field in old issues.

Regards,

Suma

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

@Suma Pralhad Kustagi ,

Depends on what view you use.

If you use the old issue view then what @Ismael Jimoh says it valid. The field will not be visible on the view screen until it has a value. If you go to the edit screen there it will be but empty.

On the new issue view (as I see you are on Cloud), there it will be "visible". I put this in quotes as it iwll most likely be under the lower left side of your view for the "more fields"

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Suma Pralhad Kustagi 

The custom field will be present but not visible till it is populated in your old issues.

Once you add a value to it, it becomes visible.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2020

Hi Suma,

many good information were already given.

I just wanted to add that the values (if you need to "transfer" them from old field to new field) will not be "copied over" automatically.

There are some approaches which require CSV imports, other require the use of Apps.
Please let us know if this should be a requirement.

If the new field should be filled little by little with no migration of values you are ready with the tips from above.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Suma Kustagi November 29, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for the valuable suggestions..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events