control who adds an issue to a sprint

Jeffrey Lobo July 18, 2013

Is there some way you can restrict which users can add issues in a sprint?

At the moment all users with edit issue permissions can do this.

We would like only the project owner to be able to do this.

3 answers

2 votes
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

Hey Jeffrey,

You can grant them the 'Edit Issues' permission, but remove the user from having the permission 'Schedule Issues'. That should make sure they can't rank or add issues to a Sprint.

0 votes
Jeffrey Lobo September 2, 2013

Thanks for the responses.

By granting 'Edit Issues' permission, but removing the user from having the permission 'Schedule Issues' i have managed to achieve this.

0 votes
P R July 18, 2013

Have you tried using the "Permissions" or "Roles" functionality. Assuming you or somebody you work with has Greenhopper administrative priviledges, you can access/update the various permissions and roles for your project.

This is a screenshot from a project's administration mode. Hope this helps.

Jeffrey Lobo July 18, 2013

Thx.

I have looked at permissions. The documentation says you need Edit Issues permissions to move issues into a sprint. That is the same permissions to edit an issue. So the two are tied and cannot be separated.

Any other options?

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2013

I'm afraid there isn't any other options since GH actions dependent on JIRA permissions. All of this has been shown in here. I'm not aware of any customization on this, probably need to modify GH source to do so.

Suggest an answer