constraints between user fields?

Deleted user August 3, 2017

Hi all,

is it possible in Jira to prevent, that two user fields in one issue contains the same user? As an example: We want to avoid that the author of a change request is the same person as the assignee. Both users are in the same user groups and they also are in the same roles.

Thanks...

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

i don't know for sure but have strong doubts that this is possible based upon my experience. that said...i would suggest looking into posibilities of native Validators (doubtful and messy given you goal) or possibly more likely (but can be messy) Properties. I do use status properties to limit assignee to a set group for certain statuses w/in a workflow. Just not sure how you can solve the "assignee != reporter".

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

I am quite sure you can do a custom validator for this using ScriptRunner.

Deleted user August 3, 2017

Thanks, Aron. In our company it's quite difficult to get 3rd-party-addons into the system, so i may extend my question to "is it possible in Jira ootb to prevent, that two user fields in one issue contains the same user?"

kind regards...

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2017

As far as I know, you can't do this with the OOTB features.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events