changing the number of Cloud licenses

MotivIT Admin June 1, 2022

Hi,

May I ask how to change the number of cloud licenses we have?

Regards,

2 answers

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Hello there,

Welcome to the community!

First of all, the number of cloud licenses that you have depends on the number of users that you have using your cloud product.s

How are users counted towards billing?

Once users are created they are automatically counted towards billing even if they don't accept the invite or log in. A user must be explicitly deactivated, deleted, or removed from a synced user directory (if you have Google sync) to not count towards billing. Learn how to add or remove users.

You may also see users stemming from Marketplace Apps, however, these users are not counted toward your total user count or your bill.

How do I add users to my cloud site?

If you're a Site Administrator, follow the steps below.

To add a user:

1. Go to Settings User Management
  2. Click the Users tab invite your teammates. Please note that even if the invitee does not accept the invitation, they will become a billable user.
  3. Enter your teammate's email address(es) and click Invite Team Members.

You can then select a user from the list at the bottom of the page to grant/revoke access to particular products.

I strongly recommend checking the page below where Atlassian provides even more information regarding licenses and user billing:

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Carlos

0 votes
Alex Ortiz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

Are you an enterprise customer? If not, I believe the only thing you need to do is invite folks to your Jira instance and when the time comes, Atlassian will automatically bill you for the new headcount.  This goes both ways. . .so if you remove folks, your bill should go down as well. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events