changing the default submit status in jira agile

Hi

Wondering if its possible for projects themselves which are using Agile simplified Workflow to change the default 'new' status. By default you get 'to do' as the initial status but just adding a new column and new status e.g 'new' and put it as the first column doesnt help. creating a new issue will still give the status 'to do'

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello there,

You can change the workflow of your project.
On the diagram you may set the create flow to the status you want to be default for new issues.
Please check Configuring Workflow for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Hi I think you missunderstood me. that requires you to be jira administrator. As projects normaly are not jira admins they can only do what Jira agile -> customize colums allows them to do when using Agile simplified workflow.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,490 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you