Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

change in one WF ...changes all in a group

Team...I am currently moving some group projects into one company (classic) project. When I create the company project a workflow scheme was also created. As I am testing the different request types (which have different WFs) I notice that if I change a status...it also change it in the other WFs in the project. I believe this as to be associated with the scheme but not sure how to keep this screwing up the whole project. the 3 request types effected are circled...please advise. thank you in advanceWeb capture_17-6-2021_144817_rulex.atlassian.net.jpegWeb capture_17-6-2021_144529_rulex.atlassian.net.jpeg

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jun 17, 2021

Statuses are global. So if you change for example, “Done” to “Complete” it changes the name every “Done” is currently used.

Jack..you mean if i change a status in a WF in one project ...it changes all status to the edited value? 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao Community Leader Jun 17, 2021

What Jack said! If you ever want to change a Status in a workflow, make sure to add the new Status to the workflow, then swap the old with the new status.

🔴 Don't ever rename a Status unless you're 1000% sure this is what is truly needed. JQL queries and lots of places in Jira search for statuses based on name and will break if a Status is renamed.

Like Jack likes this

If you change the Name of the status in one workflow, yes, it changes the name for that status in every workflow that uses that status (for Company Managed projects).

Jack Community Leader Jun 17, 2021

In CMP it does. TMP it does not (currently). However, the ugly thing with TMP is that if you have 6 projects that all use “Done” then when you use JQL and type “status = Done” you will get 6-7 Done options - 6 for the TMP projects and the seventh will be for all CMP projects.

Can you please provide more information/screen images for what you are doing when you "change a status"?

in this workflow if I change "pending" to "Waiting for customer" it changes the other WFs in the group with "waiting for customer"Web capture_17-6-2021_1503_rulex.atlassian.net.jpegWeb capture_17-6-2021_145646_rulex.atlassian.net.jpeg

Yep, what Jack and Dave said. Changing the name of a status within the workflow of a Company Managed project changes that status's name in every workflow in which it is used.

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

🏊‍♀️ Atlympic Event: Trello

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

63 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you