carry over stories from sprint1 to sprint2

Abinaya TDK October 24, 2013

How can I know the carry over stories from previous sprint to current sprint? Where should I get the detail ?

2 answers

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Hi Abinaya,

If a story is not resolved at the end of a started sprint, it will automatically move to the next future sprint. If there are no future sprints, the story is moved to backlog. You can easily view if an issue was in another sprint because the Sprint customfield also holds the past sprints.

Regards,

Silviu

Thanks for the reply.

We are using 5.9.8 version of green hopper.

is there any chance to view the carry forwarded stories from sprint 1 to sprint 2 in sprint 2 detail board?

This is the deatils which we can see in side of the planning board.

From this how we can identify the cards got transferred from sprint 1 to sprint2??

Please reply soon...

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Your best shot is a JQL quick filter like this : sprint not in closedSprints(). That means your issue was not in a past sprint so it was assigned only to the current sprint. If you want the issues that came from a past sprint, simply remove the not keyword from the JQL.

you are telling me to type the query "sprint not in closedSprints()"in issue navigator???

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

No, not in issue navigator. You can configure your board to add quick filters. After you add the quick filter, you will find a new button at the top of your board. Simply click on it to enable/disable the filter. Additional information can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+Quick+Filters

thank you so much for your reply.

In which version of the GH the"Plan" tab is enabled?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2013

Hi Abinaya,

The Plan tab is always available if you use a scrum board (which you are if you are using sprints). More information about how to configure your board (and the quick filters) can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+a+Board and in the link provided by Silviu.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2013

Hi Abinaya,

If the Stories are not completed at the end of a sprint (when you close the sprint) they will be moved back to the top of your product backlog. You can then just drag them into your new Sprint.

Best regards,

Peter

yes i agree to that.

But we are viewing the planning board , how comer we know that in sprint2 some of the stories are there which is carry forwarded from the sprint1?

Please reply me back ASAp.

This is quite urgent.

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

Your answer is not completely true. If there is a future sprint, the issue is moved to a future sprint, not in backlog.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2013

Hi Silviu,

As the future sprint hasn't been started yet it can still be considered the top of the product backlog, but you are correct in saying that in the event that there are already some future sprints defined that the story will be put into the backlog of the upper most sprint on the planning screen.

Best regards,

Peter

yes i agree to that.

But we are viewing the planning board , how comer we know that in sprint2 some of the stories are there which is carry forwarded from the sprint1?

Please reply me back ASAp.

This is quite urgent.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2013

Hi Abinaya,

I think you should be able to see this in the History (History tab in the detail view) of the issue, I don't know how you can see this in the planning view unless you use a filter which contains all the stories that used to be in the previous sprint, that might help.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer