cannot approve tempo planned time

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to JIRA V7.5.0 and Tempo TimeSheets V8.5.2, and had migrated the system from one windows pc to another windows pc.

We got a problem in the approval process of tempo member's planned time on internal issues (holiday leave, mc, etc).  The member has chosen the right reviewer for approval when submitting the application.  The reviewer has received the email notice. However, the reviewer cannot find the button next to "Pending manager" as usual therefore he cannot proceed with the approval process.

What could be the possible reason?

Thanks & Regards,

Ye Rong

SimPlus Pte. Ltd of Singapore

1 answer

0 votes
Anton Chemlev Community Champion Oct 26, 2017

Did you check Plan time permission for reviewer?

Are you referring to the "Approve Timesheet" setting under "Team Permissions" ?  Yes,  all reviewers are in the right group who has the permission to approve timesheet for team members.

I just added the same group to "Plan Time" under "Team Permissions".  Seems it works now.  

Don't think I did this in earlier version before migration.  "Plan Time" seems to allow reviewer to plan time for team members. That's not our intention.  

Anton Chemlev Community Champion Oct 26, 2017

We use this functions too and it is not a problem, just another topic for agreement. 

But also you can unmark "Users with Plan Time permission for a team can plan time for team members in Tempo Timesheets" in add-on global configuration.  

If my answer was helpful, could you please mark it somehow?)

Not quite sure whether it is the right solution to the problem or not.  But anyway, we followed your suggestion and reconfigured "Team Persmission" as mentioned. It works now.   Thanks.

btw, if we unmark ""Users with Plan Time permission for a team can plan time for team members in Tempo Timesheets" in global confiugration, we see an blank timesheet. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

565 views 2 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot