can we also add a note to the card as to why blocked?

Satyajit Baral December 16, 2020

when moving cards into the Blocked column/ existing column, can we also add a note to the card as to why it is now blocked?

I have already a column as blocked. I used a feature in Rally where I was able to add notes with a red tag 🏷 stating a reason! 

2 answers

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

I Agree with @Jack Brickey ,

Place a Transition screen with Multiline "Comment" or "Note"  field on which transition is incoming to "BLOCKED" Status.

When card moving to Blocked, The transition screen will be populated and you can enter the required in formation.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Satyajit Baral December 18, 2020

Thank you! I am not sure how to add transition layer as I think it might impact other boards. As the same workflow of copied across different development teams. I am only trying to implement for one board. 
alos I did not find any you tube video or a good link which guides step by step to create a Transition.

so, as a short term fix I have added a blocked swimlabe, added a label then set a query to short the cards. 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

Board Swimlanes are configured by using workflow status.

you only able to create a "Transition scree" in workflows only , not in boards

Satyajit Baral December 18, 2020

Got it, thank you. Then it would not suffice my need. As only one development  team has requested this feature so it cannot be done. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2020

You are right when you say that it would affect other projects (and implicit that means: other boards, too) when you would adjust their workflow.

But you can copy their workflow and workflow scheme and then assign it to *just* the project that wants to use the transition screen exclusively.

That means: the requirement is met but other projects are left untouched.

This part of documentation should help to get some idea:
Manage Issue Workflows:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-workflows/

Manage Issue Screens:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

You could add a screen to the transition that would allow the user to add a comment. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events