burn down chart with hours

chetan ws October 15, 2014

Hello Team,

We have a project  "X" created in our company and it has several verions/fix. We plan to create burndown chart and track the ( actual vs estimated). We do not use story points, but we estimate using hours and we log in  the same accrodingly. When I look at the sprint report and burn down report its nothing but a flat line. 

My question–\

1. What things need to be configured? 

2. Are story points mandatory for burn down charts to be displayed

3. The actual vs effort estimate (Time tracking report) – Is it posibble to get it user wise report. Eg. how much time he estimated and how much time was spent.

4. Since we have distributed teams, I am only interested in reports which are related to my geographic area team. Is it possible to take a burn down chart or is there any alternative.

4. We have 2 major modules in a fix "A". The We are currently working on 2nd module and we have included it in our current sprint. How do you filter these out. Our projects hrierachy is  

Project – X

Fix  –   A, B ....n

No teams.

Replies highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chetan

5 answers

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2014

Agile Board---->Tools--->Configure--->Estimation---->Time Tracking[Remaining Estimate and Time Spent]

burndown.jpg

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2014
0 votes

My question is .. what information does the graph give?

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2014

Your question is why the Remaining Values will increase after the sprint start? 

0 votes

Hi Oliver, 

Thanks. atleast now i am getting some values in the graph. But i am not able to understand it. Here i s the graph. What does this mean.. Is my configuration wrong for the board..

jira burn.png

Juliana Marcela Londoño González November 30, 2016

Hi Oliver. I have the same problem. What did you do for it please? Thank you. 

Juan Carlos Abad February 16, 2021

I just installed Jira 3d ago and face the same problem...what the graph shows is the the total sum  of all sprint stories story points and will not substract them unless all the story underlaying tasks will be moved to DONE.....it is ridiculous that the most used Agile/Scrum tool in the market cannot show remaining work in HOURS, just in story points....outrageous! i do prefer scrumwise.com 

Suggest an answer