burn-down-chart-fo.vm

Vinod Verma May 27, 2014

Hello All,

I'm trying to produce a pdf output of the burn-down chart. I have installed the JIRA PDF view pluggin but each time I select the option I get the following message:

To get your Burn Down Chart report:

1. If you use JIRA Agile (formerly known as GreenHopper): configure the custom field ID's for the "Sprint" and "Story Points" fields in the template file named burn-down-chart-fo.vm.

2. If you don't use JIRA Agile (GreenHopper), create a saved filter and define the start- and end dates of the sprint in the filter description. Example:

Sprint report for 01/02/2013 - 15/02/2013

Finally, execute this filter or search, and click the Burn Down Chart (PDF) link in the Export menu.

I've had a look in the custom field, but am not sure what I need to do.... any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Vinny

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2014

"Story Points" should be a Number Field type custom field, it is clearly listed in the Administration -> Issues -> Custom Fields in our configuration. It should be there in yours, too.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

Hi Vinny,

Based on tags of this question, your are using JIRA Agile, correct?

If so:

1. First find out the custom field ID's of the "Sprint" and the "Story Points" fields. These will be two numbers like 10123.
  2. Sign in to JIRA as admin, go to Admin -> Add Ons -> PDF Templates. Edit the Burn Down Chart PDF template (see the filename in the subject of this question) and enter those numbers in the top part.
  3. Also see: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-pdf-view-plugin/documentation/template-development

Export again!

Vinod Verma May 28, 2014

Hi Ferenc,

thanks for response, just a slight problem.... I'm not sure where I find out what the custom field ID's are, would you be able to point me in their direction please?

Many Thanks,

Vinny

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2014
Vinod Verma May 29, 2014

Thanks Ferenc.... some progress. I've managed to find the ID for the sprint (10000) but can not find it for the time, any ideas?

Suggest an answer