bad options displayed in issue navigator after saving a filter

Emmanuel Rouillard November 24, 2014

I started a new filter this morning on a customfield with a context.

It seemed to work fine : the options concerning the right projet were displayed.

So I saved the filter.

But when I ran it again, Jira displayed many options from other contexts than context of the concerning project athough my projet is already in the filter. JIRA displayed a warning since this option belongs to other contexts.

In others words, it Jira does not get the right context for this project but gets the options of all the contexts.

The query is quite simple : project = xxxx AND issuetype = "Action" AND "Group/Project/Domain" = Value

Then Jira (in simple mode) displays a warning :"The criteria contains invalid values" whereas the result of the filter is good !

5 answers

0 votes
Emmanuel Rouillard November 27, 2014

no, jira does not undersatnd. It replied : Field 'customfield_8996' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2014

Do you encounter the same problem if you refer to the custom field by id ? i.e. customfield_xxxxxx = Value

0 votes

Then Jira (in simple mode) displays a warning :"The criteria contains invalid values"

0 votes

The query is very simple : project = xxxx AND issuetype = "Action" AND "Group/Project/Domain" = Value

0 votes
Joseph Allen November 24, 2014

Can you post the query you are running so we can see exactly what you are doing?

Suggest an answer