attachments : pictures not displayed when you click on the thumbnail

Grégory Bisschops August 7, 2017

Hello Support.

I'm facing an problem right now with the attachments in my issues (jira software and jira service desk).
When it is a picture, I can see the thumbnail, but when I click on it to see the picture, the small wheel is running foreever on my screen. I have to refresh the page to exit that view mode.

I tried with my browser Safari 10.1.2 then on firefox (last version too), same phenomenom.
If in safari, I click on the title of the picture and I download the picture, in my compturer, the file size is 0 byte.
If I try that one in firefox, I can download and see the picture correctly on my computer.

Moreover, the tests I made are in the classic jira interface.
But if I tried to view the picture in the jira service desk portal, in the comments, I can see the picture correctly !

This is very weird.
I tried to reboot the jira server, but I still have the same problem.

My colleagues have the same issue too.

Here are the versions of Jira : 

JIRA Software 7.3.0
JIRA Service Desk 3.3.0

Can you help me on that one ?

Best regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Grégory,

Here is what I would check:

1. Make sure you are accessing your instance using the Base URL configured in JIRA?
  2. Do you have a proxy and if so, if you access the machine JIRA is installed on via localhost:8080 do you get the same behavior?
  3. Create a HAR file from each browser and take a look at the results.
  4. Does this happen with all image types?

I would look at those first but if you're still unable to find out what's going on I would put JIRA in Safe Mode to see if it still exhibits the same behavior.  If it doesn't re-enable the add-ons one by one until you find out which add-on is causing this.

If none of the above help let me know.

Cheers,

Branden

Grégory Bisschops August 9, 2017

Hello Branden,

Thanks for your feedback.

Here are my answers to your suggestions : 

1. Yes, I'm using the base URL.

2. Yes I have a proxy, then I tried to access the Jira with its local ip address : http://xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/ and I have the same phenomon when browsing the pictures without using the proxy.

3. Sure, you will find in attachment the har file for chrome and firefox. To reproduce I was on my kanban board, then I refresh the page, then I click on one issue in the board, then in the right panel I navigate to the issue, then I click on the thumbnail of the picture in attachment, after a while, I refresh the page to exit the broken javascript action.

ps; can I have an email or another way to send the har files to you without allowing the entire web to access the files ? :)

4. I noticed it with png files. Then I tried jpg, bmp, jpeg, all have the same issue.

For the safe mode, I'll test it, in the meantime if you can provide me a secure way of sending to you the har files ?

Best regards,

Grégory Bisschops August 9, 2017

Hello again,

The safe mode was successfull ! The latest add-on I've installed is causing the issue.

I'll contact the vendor.

Thanks again for the support !

Greg

Suggest an answer