all of our previously created issues (yesterday) are missing today. any ideas?

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

Are you able to navigate the issues directly? By typing in the url?

I am guessing the issues are there, unless someone deleted it, but they are not showing up in the search. Try a full reindexing and see if that fixes it.

If it is missing only on the agile boards, some one might have changed the board filter query or you might have a quick filter enabled.

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2015

No, unfortunately I am unable to navigate using the URL directly. A colleague of mine deleted a number of issues but only bulk deleted the items using the filter "Reported by Me"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2015

I think you've answered your own question there - someone deleted the issues.

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2015

Hi Nic - Yes, it seems as though we answered a small portion of our question. However; we are still trying to determine how all of the issues were deleted. My colleague only deleted issues that were reported by him using, the "Reported by Me" filter, and only deleted issues in one project named Upload Test (UT). All of our issues in all projects created by everyone were deleted.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2015

Ok. Is it just the issues, or have the projects gone too? That should establish the method of deletion, but I suspect someone used bulk-edit to delete the wrong set of issues. (In the long term, you should remove delete permission from most of your users)

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2015

Just the issues are gone. We are cautious on who has delete permission, one of our developers was performing the action.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2015

Ok, it was definitely a filter then. I'm not sure how to replicate what they did directly, but my guess would be that they accidentally cleared the filter before running the delete (it changed from "reported by me" to "everything")

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2015

Nic's idea sounds likely. Most places only allow JIRA admins to delete issues. And once the Legal department is asked about their preferred data retention policy, not even admins get to delete issues!

Suggest an answer